Emergency Assistance for Homeowners and Renters
Have you suffered an economic hardship due to COVID 19? Are you struggling to make mortgage payments, rent payments, or pay your utility bills? If the answer is yes, you may qualify for the Emergency Assistance Program for Homeowners and Renters.
- Demonstrate that expenditures are necessary, incurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and were incurred during the period between March 1 and December 15, 2020.
- Rent or own your primary housing and be a resident or lawful permanent resident.
- Have had a household income at or below 115% of the area median income for your county before COVID-19.
- Have been current on housing and utilities as of March 1, 2020.
- Have lost income due to COVID-19 that has not been replaced.
- Be behind in housing and/or utility costs.
- Apply funds to delinquent amounts of eligible expenses and potentially, up to 3 months of non-delinquent eligible expenses.
- Use assistance for home mortgage/loan payments, HOA dues, homeowner’s insurance, contract for deed payments, utility bills, or septic system pumping on the household’s primary residence. If the primary residence contains a rental unit, the assistance may be applied to the entire property.
- Mortgage Payments
- Rent Payments
- HOA Dues
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Contract for Deed Payments
- Utility Bills
- Septic System Pumping
- Lot Rent
- Contact information for the landlord or mortgage servicer or HOA
- Mortgage statement (February 2020 through current month)
- Rent statement (February 2020 through current month)
- Utility bills (February 2020 through current month)
- HOA dues statement (February 2020 through current month)
- Documentation of total income from 2019 (copy of form 1040)
- Income from the last 30 days – all sources
- Change of employment due to COVID-19
The above information will need to be submitted with the full application before applicants can be considered for assistance.
NOTE: The SEMMCHRA reserves the right to revise these guidelines as needed to best address the impact to residents of the current pandemic.
Click here to be directed to SEMMCHRA’s website
Click here for the emergency assistance pre-application
For more information on the Emergency Assistance for Homeowners and Renters Program Contact:
Self Sufficiency and Homeownership Coordinator
134 East Second Street
Wabasha, MN 55981