Housing and homeless resources

Emergency assistance

MNPrairie offers emergency assistance if you are experiencing a crisis that may result in homelessness or loss of utilities. Please refer to our emergency assistance page for more information

If you don’t qualify for emergency assistance, you may be able to get similar help from another homeless prevention program. Eligibility for these programs is determined by your residential address, income and specific housing circumstances. Before you visit one of these organizations in person, call ahead to get information on when you can apply and whether funds are still available for the month.  

Coordinated entry access points:

  • Dodge County, contact Semcac at 507.634.4350
  • Steele County, contact Semcac at 507.451.7134
  • Waseca County, contact Minnesota Valley Action Council at 507.345.6822
  • Veterans, contact Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans at 507.345.8258


Secure and safe housing for all ages and people is a basic need. Dodge, Steele and Waseca take part in the Coordinated Entry system to support people who may be at risk of becoming homeless or who are currently homeless. To access homeless support services, follow the steps below:

  • If you are currently working with a MNPrairie case manager, start by contacting your case manager.
  • If you do not currently work with a MNPrairie case manager, contact one of these agencies  for a homeless assessment for services.

Agency: Semcac

Entry point: Individuals and families with children

Phone number(s): Steele: 507.451.7134 - Dodge: 507.634.4350

Agency: Partners for Affordable Housing

Entry point: Families with children and homeless adult females. This agency operates a shelter.

Phone number: Waseca: 507.387.8189

Agency: Minnesota Valley Action Council

Entry point: Everyone

Phone number: Waseca: 507.835.8240

Agency: Lutheran Social Services

Entry point: Youth who are 24 years old and younger

Phone number(s): Dodge & Steele: 507.316.8273 - 

Waseca: 507.381.6670

Agency: MN Assistance Council for Veterans

Entry point: Veterans

Phone number: Dodge, Steele & Waseca: 507.345.8258

Agency: Committee Against Domestic Abuse

Entry point: Victims of domestic and sexual violence

Phone number: Waseca: 507.835.7828

Agency: Women’s Shelter Inc.

Entry point: Victims of domestic and sexual violence

Phone number: Dodge: 507.634.6070 ext. 160

Coordinated entry

Is a process developed to ensure that all people experiencing a housing crisis have fair and equal access and are quickly identified, assessed for, referred, and connected to housing and assistance based on their strengths and needs. It is a priority list for homeless services and programs.

For more information about Coordinated Entry and continuum of care, visit Three Rivers Continuum of Care.

Housing resources

Housing Crisis - Who to Call

Dodge County

Steele County

Waseca County

Housing Support Providers

Housing Support is a state-funded program that provides an income supplement each month to pay for rent, utilities and household furnishings for eligible individuals and families. The MNPrairie service area has access to state-funded Housing Support which include a supplemental service rate.  A supplemental service rate may cover the following:  transportation; help to navigate services for their physical health, mental health, or chemical health; and other case management type supports. 

The Request for Information will focus on identifying potential providers for the following four types of Housing Support: 1.) Group Setting Board and Lodge, 2.) Community Scattered Site Supportive Housing for Long Term Homeless Singles, 3.) Community Scattered Site Supportive Housing for Long Term Homeless Families, and 4.) Community Scattered Site Supportive Housing for individuals receiving waiver-funded services.

If your organization is interested in applying, please reference the Request for Information (RFI) and fill out the application. Questions can be sent to the MNPrairie Housing Resource Specialist at: housingsupport@mnprairie.org 

Click here to access the Request for Information Document and Application 

Guide to Housing Support